Radian Research, Inc. is a recognized world leader of Energy Reference Standards, Energy Meter Testing Systems, Current Transformer Testers, Meter Test Boards, DC to AC Transfer Standards, and Automated Laboratory Energy Reference Systems. Radian provides both portable and primary energy reference standards that are absolutely unequaled in accuracy, stability and reliability. Radian customers typically consist of electric utility companies, energy meter manufacturers, energy meter test system manufacturers and national metrology institutes located throughout the world. Radian Energy Reference Standards and Test Equipment supports the needs of ANSI C12.20, IEC 62052 and IEC 62053 standards.
IEC/AS Standard 62053-11 covers Accuracy Class 0.5, 1.0 and 2 for electromechanical meters for active energy (watt-hours) - this means the accuracy as a percentage from reading under full load conditions and unity power factor. However, the accuracy deteriorates under lower load conditions when power factor is less than unity.
IEC/AS Standard 62053-21 covers Accuracy Class 1.0 and 2 for static/electronic meters for active energy (watt-hours), which means the accuracy as a percentage from reading based on full load conditions and unity power factor. However, the accuracy deteriorates under lower load conditions, power factor less than unity along with the presence of harmonics.
IEC/AS Standard 62053-22 covers a higher Accuracy Standard of 0.2S and 0.5S for static/electronic for active energy (watt-hours) providing a higher Accuracy Standard under full load conditions and unity power factor, in addition to better accuracy readings at much lower load currents, power factor conditions less than unity along with the presence of harmonics.
Radian Research, Inc. operates out of two facilities. One in Pearl, Mississippi where Radian’s fully owned subsidiary, Watthour Engineering Company, Inc. (WECO) is located and the other at Lafayette, Indiana where the Corporate Headquarters are located.
At the Pearl, Mississippi facility we are focused on “Engineered Solutions” with the following business areas:
• WECO Software Solutions: Engineering development of: Software for Asset Management and Smart Grid Device Management; Meter Test Data Management; Testing System User Interface.
• WECO Testing Solutions: Engineering design of electric utility testing products for laboratory and field applications including custom products for specific utility needs.
At the Lafayette, Indiana facility we have the following business areas:
• Customer Service, Sales & Marketing: Our direct interface to Customers and Field Sales staff.
• Research, Development & Engineering: Concentrates on creating innovative power and energy measuring technologies.
• Calibration, Metrology & Measurement Traceability: Focused on our commitment to ensuring that a watthour is truly a watthour and are NIST traceable allowing our Customers to verify measurement accuracy with confidence.
• Procurement, Production & Quality Assurance: These three areas work together with attention to detail while employing our ISO-9001 Quality System and supporting our ISO/IEC 17025 accredited laboratory.
• Accounting, Finance & Human Relations: Maintain our company scoreboard and support our valuable human assets.
To provide the best customer solutions while maintaining a power and energy measurement capability that is second to none.
• Provide CERTAINTY
• DELIVER PROMISES
• Strong ALLEGIANCE
• GOT YOUR BACK
• RESPECT ALL
• EARNED HONOR
• TRUST AGGREGATED
• BE OUTSTANDING
• SET HIGH STANDARDS
• LIVE QUALITY
Radian Research is committed to exceeding the requirements of its Customers through continual improvement of our processes, products, services and quality management system.
The management of the Radian Research calibration laboratory is committed to good professional practice and to the quality of its calibration in servicing its Customers both domestic and abroad. Delivering our Customers exceptional calibration quality is held in the highest regard. This commitment is shared throughout the entirety of the Radian Research organization.
The standard of service of the Radian Research calibration laboratory is of the highest quality achievable. This is accomplished through management's ongoing commitment to being the calibration service provider of choice.
The purpose of the Radian Research management system is to consistently maintain high standards of performance and measurement quality and to provide our Customers the best in-class calibration services.
All Radian Research calibrations are performed by technically competent laboratory personnel who are familiar with the quality system documentation and implement these policies and procedures daily in their work.
The calibration laboratory management of Radian Research is committed to compliance with the ISO/IEC 17025 International Standard and to the continual improvement of the quality management system's effectiveness.